Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 D - Automatic Gearbox Fault reving up

Customer Question

Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 D - Automatic Gearbox Fault reving up for it to engage
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Most common issue for your problem is low fluid level ,so check this first and when checking the fluid check the condition of the fluid it should be a nice transparent red to a light brown ,if the fluid is dark brown to black and smells burnt then you have a bad transmission that will need overhauling .

If fluid is low then top up and retest drive ,if the fluid is good and level good then you may just have a bad circulation issue from a bad blocked filter or a bad transmission pump .if this is the case then one more quick test that you can do before you ship your car to the transmission shop is as follows ,
Hand brake ON block all four wheels open the bonnet and with the engine off check the fluid level then clean the dip stick start engine wait one minute the n replace the dip stick and if the fluid is at the same mark the you have a bad pump or a restriction in the system.

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg