mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My mitsubishi outlander 2 litre diesel 2007 model keeps cutting

Customer Question

My mitsubishi outlander 2 litre diesel 2007 model keeps cutting out when driving. There is no warning the engine will cut out completely but the radio and everything will stay on. When it cuts out the heater plug light comes on, then when I try and start it nothing happens at all its dead, then it will suddenly come back to life and drive off. It has been into a mitsubishi dealers and they can find nothing wrong with it.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is Mike, I will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

Are there any warning lights coming on?

Has the vehicle been scanned for trouble codes?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there are no warning lights until it cuts out then the battery and heater plug light comes on. It's been scanned at the dealers but they say that no trouble codes are showing and that it hasn't cut out on them
Ok the issue that you are describing is a short to ground issue,meaning the vehicle is loosing ground connection which in turn causes your issue.This issue can be caused by a failing or even over charging alternator,loose ground wires from the battery to the starter or alternator or corroded or loose connections to the ECU.