mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i own a 1998 mitsubishi galant estate 24v v6 2.5 auto,it has

Customer Question

i own a 1998 mitsubishi galant estate 24v v6 2.5 auto,it has only covered 58,000 miles with full mitsubishi service history one day last week while i was driving at 50mph the rev counter suddenly went straight up and i had no drive what so ever and still dont ,i can select any gear but it wont move anywhere ,i had no previous problem with noise etc .what is it most likely to be as i have checked internet and dont seem to get any convincing answers ,could it be something simple like ecu or is gear box shot.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i can wait for an answer ,thanks

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i thought i already said yes previously,thanks.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I am still searching for the right Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 years ago.

Hi there, sorry you have been waiting so long for an expert to assist you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to help.

So I am aware that you can freely move the shifter through the gears, but the transmission does not engage.

I assume the gauge cluster also shows the gear selected correct?

If so double check the linkage at the top of the transmission to make sure it did not come loose then we can proceed form there.

thanks

A Professional is waiting to assist you, please let me know if you wish to continue or if you would like me to close the question.