Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

I have an l200 56 plate 2.5 Did and when I accelerate quickly

Customer Question

I have an l200 56 plate 2.5 Did and when I accelerate quickly the vehicle loses power and goes into limp mode,the engine management light comes on and the anti skid light comes on,I then turn off the vehicle wait a second and then restart which seems to make the problem and the lights go off.I have changed the Egr valve and the mass air flow meter thinking it was either of them but it still does it occasionally,please help as my wife wants me to get shut but I don't want to
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

The nice thing about the newer cars are the system used to check for malfunctioning problems .

What you did is sadly what a lot of car owners do ,they replace parts on assumption or a
mate had a simula problem and said a new egr was needed , or a forum on the internet had the same problem and it was this or that . this is not how you find faults and repair .

With the engines of today being very complex the manufactures have got together and made a system called OBD II or EOBD II that is a computer system that runs your car
so if anything gets damaged or failed to work, then the check engine light will come on
and store a malfunction code this is a warning light for you to see that the system has encountered a problem .

If the light comes on and turns off then this is an intermittent issue but will still store a malfunction code .

All you have to do is get hooked up to the system with a scan tool or code reader and check for malfunction codes ,once you have the codes this will let you know what has happened and what has to be done with the help of us or your garage .

Going from your said problem i would say you have a problem with the Turbo system ,but this will be confirmed with getting the malfunction codes .

The scan tool or code reader is at your local garage or dealer , this tool is also available on eBay UK for under £50.00 .

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below.

Kindest regards Greg