mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my l 200 is bad starter when hot new plugs new fuel fillter

Customer Question

my l 200 is bad starter when hot new plugs new fuel fillter can u help
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yeah im fine to wait thank you

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

So when cold starts without any problem.

How many miles does this engine have on it.

How long does it take to start..

When hard to start take a gauge 8 wire and jump the glow plug rail for 10 seconds
from the battery positive post, and then try and start, will it start easy ot still hard start.

Rgds Greg.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi greg ,tried the wire across the plugs still hard to start. about hundred & 50thousand miles put new fuel filter and a one way valve to stop fuel leeking back to tank .still hard to start when hot my mate has one and its instint starting thanks david

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi David .

Before one can go on with the diagnostics we need to do a hot compression test .

Can you get this done ,

I take it you have the 4d56 engine , compression test is done from the glow plug holes
you will have to remove all four to do the test ,then bench test the glow plugs as they are out.

Do this then pleas eget back to me.

Rgds Greg