Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

i have a 2.8 shogun i have t leave her running of a few minutes

Customer Question

i have a 2.8 shogun i have t leave her running of a few minutes before driving off to let the revs pick up or it will miss today she took a little starting which very occasionally she has done in the past and then is fine when she misses she smokes then clears hersself and runs all day no probs
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi this is due to the fact the glow plugs are not heating up the cylinders ,this is why you have a problem starting and once started you have to wait for the engine to get warm
before being able to drive off and when you do you have a lot of smoke due to the unburnt fuel due to the long starting time needed the cylinders flood with fuel .

Have the glow plugs tested ,which means remove and bench test , replace if needed.

If all glow plugs test out good then check and test the glow plug circuit .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg