mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

why does the engine light come on intermittently when I am

Customer Question

why does the engine light come on intermittently when I am in a low gear or breaking
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it ran perfectly till last year then light started to come on intermitently

it lost power and went in and had a new alternator. Then it was fine, the intermittent light started up again after about three months but car was running fine. Then two months ago it began to lose power on and off at low speed and eventually wouldnt start went in and had new distributor cap and leads. Then ran fine for another two months light started again them started to lose power in low speeds again and have just got it back from the garage having had the following done

Throttle body and idle valve cleaned. spark plugs replaced

on the way home from the garage it ran very well but the light came on 20 times + each time it was only on briefly about 3 to 5 seconds each time and only when at low speed or stopped. its currently running ok with the light coming on two or three time in a 35 mile journey. I would like to know why Thanks

Thank you for providing the additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

I take you mean ther check engine light is coming "ON"
and when it does does it flash .

You have a 1997 Mitsubishi ,Model ,engine .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have cancelled this so I dont know why you have not been told

Many Thanks

Anne

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Okay Anne ,

Thank you .

Rgds Greg