Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

Hi, I have a 2005 Shogun 3.2 DI-D Elegance, its a manual gearbox,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 Shogun 3.2 DI-D Elegance, it's a manual gearbox, yesterday I oticed that as I pulled away in 1st gear the moment I applied any throttle the clutch slips and engine just revs up, I tried all gears including rverse as well as all the 4x4 options and had the same results, could it be a faulty dual mass flywheel or would it be caused by a leaking oil seal, either crankshaft or rocker gasket which I believe would cause the leaking oil to flow onto the cluth plate?

thanks and regards

Alwyn
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Alwyn this is sounding just like a typical clutch plate that has warn out , if it slips in all gears then this will be your problem . If oil does leak into the clutch and the clutch is good it would still bite and work .

All you have to do is have the clutch kit replaced and you will be back to normal .

At the same time if you are leaking oil have this also repaired .

Make sure you have the complete clutch kit replaced and not just the clutch plate
or you may experience clutch slip again .

Here is a link where you can get original clutch kits please click here

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg