Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi trained and employeed technician
21364095

I have changed the battery in my Mitsubishi colt CZC and now

Customer Question

I have changed the battery in my Mitsubishi colt CZC and now the locks do not respond to the remote. When I use the key in the lock it sets the alarm off. The battery in the key

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug C. replied 4 years ago.

The more recent models have eliminated the key detection switch that disarms the alarm when the key is used in the door lock cylinder. This is why the alarm is going on when you unlock the car manually.
The failure in the key remote is going to need to be addressed to take care of the problem. While we do sometimes see the key remotes fail, sometimes they just lose their memory especially if the battery is run down in them considerably.

In the mean time you can sometimes trick the alarm off by unhooking the negative battery terminal, inserting the key into the ignition and turning it on, then reattachng the negative battery terminal. This will often cause the alarm to disable until next time it is set and allow you time to get the car in for service to determine what is going on with the remote (or alarm if the problem is not in the remote itself).