Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

HI I HAVE A MITSUBISHI SHOGUN 07 ON AND THE ASC AND ENGINE

Customer Question

HI I HAVE A MITSUBISHI SHOGUN 07 ON AND THE ASC AND ENGINE LIGHT HAVE COME ON AND IS IN LIMP MODE IS IT THE MAP SENSOR ?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi and thank you for using Justanswer , i will do my best to assist you with this problem .

Now so that you understand how the system works i would like to explain this to you with the check engine light "ON" when the engine is running ..

When driving your car and suddenly you notice that the check engine light is "ON" then this means the management system (ECM) has encountered a malfunction with in the system , in some cases you will not notice any difference in the driving quality, or you may notice the engine power has dropped or its starting to misfire ...

Now if you don't notice any difference in the driving quality, then you are okay to keep on driving until you have time to get to a shop, where they will hook up a diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes .
Once you have the codes then you will know what has malfunctioned and what has to be done to rectify this problem..

When the check engine light comes on then you could have any of 100reds of problems.. The MAP sensor is only 1 of many that will trip off the check engine light

The ASC light will automatically come "ON" when the check engine light is tripped ON.

So Now you have to find a good shop that has the needed scan tool to check for problems your car may have ..

Hope this has cleared up what you problem may be and what you have to do ..

If you need further assistance then pleas get back to me ..

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg