Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Hi, Im trying to change the battery in a Carisma diesel 04

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to change the battery in a Carisma diesel 04 plate, but can'tfigure out the battery retaining mechanism. Any tips?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Some of these may have retaining bracket over the top of the battery in which at either side will be long rod with hook at the bottom which hooks to the battery tray..those are undone by removing the small reatining nut on the top of each rod to remove the bracket..If thats not the type you have then you'll likely have retaining bracket right down the base of the battery - you should see the bracket usually held with a single bolt bolted into the battery tray.once you remove that bolt and the holding bracket then battery is basically free to be lifted out..obviosuly when the new battery is fitted ensuring it the correct way round then those retaining brackets are fitted back in reversal of removal..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include any further info then just continue