Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Hi, my Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin 2003 is giving me following

Customer Question

Hi, my Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin 2003 is giving me following codes and fuel consumption is very high, 12-15 l/100km.
Mechanics reset the code but it pop up again many times. Car is in Bosnia and they say it is because bad quality fuel.
Latest error codes are:
PO 170
PO125
PO 130
Some of them Lambda is paulty.
Help please.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Yes two of the codes do relate to a fault or possible issue with the Bank1 sensor one lambda sensor thats the first one on the exhaust pipe from engine..beofre cat converter..so it may worth at least having that checked out aswell of course the wiring etc..and replace the sensor anyway and sreset the codes and se how that goes..obviously other areas can cause this from unmetered air so obviously check for any sort of intake leaks around the intake manifold/loose vaccum lines etc dragging in too much air after you mass air flow meter aswell as too the mass meter itself and check its not fouled up inside as a fault mass air flow meter can cause this code too p0170 and basically check all intake hoses for issues/splits tears etc after that meter etc..p0130 is roughly the same issue as p0170 in regards to being a possible fault lambda sensor here..certainly needs to be checked out..the other code p0125 is either a faulty thermostat, faulty ECT sensor, or a low coolant level - the ect sensor is basically an ecu sensor that measure the temperature of the engine coolant when hot and cold starting so basically helps the ecu to trim fuel air ratio..if that goes faulty then you can have similar overfuelling problem in particular when hot thus not starting..so it maybe wise replacing that sensor too...If its bad fuel quaility then if there are places where the car is to maybe try a fuel injector cleaner and run that through the system may help..I do hope this helps