mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2002 3.2 Mitsubishi shogun equip with an inter fault

Customer Question

I have a 2002 3.2 Mitsubishi shogun equip with an inter fault when I am driving there is a noise I think from the n/s/f it seems to speed up and slow down when accelerating and de accelerating it sound like a loud whining and then it will just go
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

When you have the whining can you make it come and go when you are cruising and turn the car slightly left and right in a straight line.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the noise is inter but usually goes when the vehicle is stopped, it comes on at its own accord I cant make it do it, everything has been checked on the car i.e. brakes, sensors, ball joints, tyres, sus, bearings etc. iv checked for bulletins and recalls. its definitely speed related it sounds like a card caught in the spokes of a bike and its quite loud.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Louise .

I will opt out and see if another expert has come across something like this .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
expert opted out of the question