Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2002 shogun sport 2.5td. I was driving and noticed

Customer Question

I have a 2002 shogun sport 2.5td. I was driving and noticed the temp guage rising and dropping and this kept happening until it is no on the red line all time. Also there is no heat from the heater. The header tank is full and when I lifted bonnet I noticed bubbles in header tank.

Any ideas please?

Thanks Wayne
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

Might be worth as starting point aswell as the cheapest option would to maybe have the thermostat changed first.and then see how that goes..and at the same time flush out the coolant system for any possible blockages..Especially the radiator..If thats doesn't work they will need to check that the water pump is working correctly and preforming as it should and isn't in the stages of failure.a pressure test on the system may confirm that..another check is to make sure there is no " cream sludge" under the oil cap.a sign the head or the head gasket has gone.if allot of bubbles are present in the tank they can perform a chemical block test to test exhaust gases in the coolant system just to be sure or a compression test on all cylinders to verify gasket failure.but the first step would be to have the thermostat replaced/system/rad flushed out and see if problem rectifed.if not then further checks mentioned above will need to be carried out..i do hope this helps