mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi ive got colt cz2 1.3 58 plate, car stutters when warm, then

Customer Question

hi ive got colt cz2 1.3 58 plate, car stutters when warm, then engine man. light comes on car then revs low and eratic and goes into limp mode been on machine and it says limp mode but no faults, turn it off wait 2 mins its starts and runs ok ish but this stutter is still their, ive replaced 4 coils and plugs, tpa switch and gas pedal but still doing it, any ideas what else it could be, kind regards
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Has the fuel pressure ever been checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, no i dont think so nobodies mentioned that, mine is the facelift model by the way regards Richard

Ok. This really sounds like a fuel delivery issue. The description of the issue is consistent with either the fuel pump overheating or one of the injectors electrically failing,both of these issues normally doesn't set a code. What I would suggest is to have the fuel pressure checked and monitored to ensure that the pump is not bleeding off pressure and a balance test performed on the injectors.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi auto lecky has been and p1170 code was present but their was no problems with the car ie coils, spark plugs,map ,wires,air leaks in pipes all ok ,ecm or ecu he thought could be the problem but no guarantee his words a bit of a ghost in my car and i could spend alot of money chasing a ghost, your thoughts were interesting i for one dont know best way to go with this as ecu is very expensive ,iam thinking of taking your advice, any other thoughts its cost me £290 already and the car is the same, regards

If it comes down to the ECU,the best and most cost effective way is to try to get a second hand ECU. If what I mentioned above checks out good,my next thought would be the ECU is loosing communication with vehicle.