mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

53 reg shogun, remote stopped working, put new battery in,

Customer Question

53 reg shogun, remote stopped working, put new battery in, led lighting up but still won't open doors! Does the fob need re-programming? If so how. If I use the key to unlock the alarm goes off and there's no way to stop it! Please help!

Thank you in anticipation.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.You will need to program the new key fob.

TO REPROGRAM A KEY FOB (STAND CLOSE TO THE CAR PRESS AND HOLD BOTH DOWN BOTH BUTTONS,THE LED ON THE REMOTE KEY GOES OUT--APPROXIMATELY 10 SECONDS,RELEASE BOTH BUTTONS THE LED WITH COME ON CONSTANTELY,THEN PRESS BUTTON A FOR 1 SECOND THE LED WILL FLASH -THIS SHOULD COMPLETE RE-SYNCHONISATION.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I already tried that, I found it in a forum online. I tried a few times, it's doesn't do what it says it should.
This is the only procedure for the key fob,there is not another one.If the key fob is not programing this means that the module is not communicating with the fob.What I would suggest as a first step is to disconnect the negative and positive battery cable ends and then reconnect the cables and try the steps above.If this does not work the module will need to be reset using a scan tool.