Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

hi went to use 4wd gear leaver got stuck and is in 4wh all

Customer Question

hi went to use 4wd gear leaver got stuck and is in 4wh all the time cant budge the leaver stuck solid
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

This is a typical problem with this system ,and something you could do your self ..

What happens is the little plastic bushing on the bottom of the selector shifter for the 4WD breaks up and then the shifter can not select the 4wd or 2wd that you need as shifter is now smaller due to the missing bushing ,

all you have to do is remove the centre consul and then the plate round the shifter and pull out the shifter lever ,
Once out fit the new bushing that you can only get at the dealer and refit and then you will be able to reselect the 4WD as needed.
the bushing looks like this .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg