Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi trained and employeed technician
21364095

does a trogen have a factory fitted alarm

Customer Question

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Doug C. replied 3 years ago.

The standard outfit for this model has two primary security systems:

An immobilizer system that prevents starter and fuel operation that is based around a transponder key system.
A generic alarm that sounds the horn/flashes the lights when unauthorized access is detected (any time an electrical load changes when the truck is locked.... for example you break the window and open the door, the dome light comes on while the alarm is armed and the voltage change turns the alarm active).

Both of these can be added/deleted depending on your market, and a call to a local dealer with your serial number can verify that yours is normally equipped.

There is no full function alarm however like you would see in aftermarket alarms... no glass break sensors, no "tilt" mercury switches, etc. The factory systems only consist of voltage monitoring (base alarm) and immobilization (transponder key).