mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My L200 front hubs dont come off inXXXXX The green

My L200 front hubs don't come off inXXXXX The green wheel lock indicator on dash would not go out as one of the pressure hoses had broken and I put a piece of brake pipe in to join it together. The light comes on sometimes and goes out when I operate the high/lowXXXXXlever. Today I got stuck in mud and I put it in 4 wd but the front wheels did not turn. Have you any idears. thanks
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

What year is the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The vehicle is on an R plate.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

R PLATE

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with the internal bearing inside the transfer case that is failing and causing the transfer case internal chain to slip which results in the issue that you are having.To correct the issue the bearing has to be replaced.
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that an easy job?

It requires the transfer case to be removed and opened up,the job will require about 3 hours of labor.