Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

hello, I have a Mitsubishi Outlander 2.3 sport on LPG/Petrol.

hello,
I have a Mitsubishi Outlander 2.3 sport on LPG/Petrol. when you first start it, it starts no problem and ticks over normally, then the revs drop when you put it into gear and it will cut out. when warm there is no problem at all, if you adjust the accelerator cable to compensate when cold when it warms up the revs are too high.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Is your system set up to start on petrol then switch over after time or engine speed ,or starts on LPG .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello, it starts on petrol then switches over after a time to LPG.

thanks

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert.

Okay what you first have to do is clean the throttle body ,this is what is causing the idle stall .the throttle plate is not closing correctly and clogged up bores ,clean first then get back to me if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok ill try that

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Roberty .

Be care with the carb cleaner on any of the plastic parts and sensor .

Which injection system do you have the central injection or the 4 injectors system.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well that certainly did something, cleaned the parts as you said and the revs went through the roof, obviously the previous owner had been adjusting the cable to compensate for the issue.

adjusted the revs back down, and only cut out once this morning from cold but I take it I will have to get a garage to set the idle adjustment properly and hopefully rectify this. If the previous owner has not done a good service maybe a change of spark plugs will be on the cards, but I must say it always starts straight away.

if you have any more thoughts please let me know other than that thank you very much

Rob

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert .

Running on LPG dirties the throttle body a lot faster than just running on petrol , you should drive a few days only on petrol so the system can readjust itself ,first disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect and drive a few days on petrol then let me know how she runs .

Rgds Greg.
Greg, All import japan models
Experience: All Japan made models
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great, ill do that. Thanks again

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
;-)