mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hello got problem with turbo on outlander, you can be driving

Customer Question

Hello got problem with turbo on outlander, you can be driving along the road and the turbo just stops working then i pull over switch off engine then start it up again straight away and its working again no problem, it just happens now and again. !!!!
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Is the check engine light "ON" when the engine is running .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello no lights come on to warn me of any problem.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Remove the intake hose from the turbo and check if there is any oil .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello what if there is oil there

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.

Then you do have a problem with the Turbo .as this is oil feed when starts to leak can be due to a turbine fan bearing which will cause the problems you have been experiencing.

Rgds Greg