Mike
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a Mitsubishi Pinin 2.01l 2001. I have replaced the throttle

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi Pinin 2.01l 2001. I have replaced the throttle body with a brand new one and now get error codes- P1225 and P0220.
What is the problem now please.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE..

Can I just ask - do you know the actual definitions for the codes you have ?

Rgds, MIKE..........................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for you response and yes - please see below:

P1225 - APP (Accelerator Position) Sensor (sub)

P0220 - TPS "B" Circuit Problem

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply -

Have you tried deleting the codes - re running it -and seeing if they come back?

If not try that and let me know... but - first - double check the wiring and connections to / at the throttle body.... double check them..

Ensure - that the TB unit is fitted properly - no air leaks...etc...

Then - when the codes are deleted - give it at least a 20 min drive around - as in town / normal driving... to re set it...

Let me know how it goes and we will progress if needed -

Rgds, MIKE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I have tried all the above. Does the TB need to be reset by computer?

Or will it reset itself?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply - message.

If the unit has not reset - and that inc the Ecu command work etc by a drive round as I suggested, then its not going to..Either it needs resetting up with a plug in diag machine - or, you still have a fault that is as yet undetected.

It would make sense in this case therefore to have the diag machine on the vehicle again - not to just check for fault codes - although they should be checked - but checking the Live data on the systems to see exactly what's going on - that way you can either reset the ecu/ tb etc with the machine - or, it will highlight other faults as above -

That is the way forward on this one now.. Let me know how you go.

Meantime -

.................Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me now as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for doing that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.