Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

I have just replaced the cylinder head gaskets on a 1997 3.0

Customer Question

I have just replaced the cylinder head gaskets on a 1997 3.0 V6 Shogun (24 valve), but in the process seem to have damaged the fuel injector on the rear passenger side. Where can i buy a replacement one or where can i buy a service kit? When the system pressures up it sprays out fuel. It is the green plastic one (or has a green plastic sleeve around it)
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

What has most likely happened is when you refitted the injectors the "O" ring seal got damaged or was still the old rings which are most likely hard and cracked on installment.

You will have to remove all and have a new set installed .

The bottom seal and the top fuel rail seal.

These i would advise to get as an original part from your Mitsubishi dealer .

Or go to this link for an example of what you need.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-FUEL-INJECTOR-SERVICE-KIT-MITSUBISHI-MAGNA-PAJERO-TRITON-TOYOTA-CRESSIDA-HILUX-/200926608643

Check the local ebay listings .

When you fit the injectors in the fuel rail and manifold use natural Vaseline without added perfume on the seals for an easy clean fit.

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg