mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Engine managgement light on. Had diagnostic plug in at friends

Customer Question

Engine managgement light on. Had diagnostic plug in at friends auto center. Showed only engine management fault. Cleared off light and told to carry on and see if light came back on. It would not start yesterday. Unplugged air mass flow meter, re-connected and car started, will rev fully but sounds a bit lumpy on tick over. Do you think it is the air flow meter itself? Sorry I forgot to say that when light came on the first time it did go into limp mode but turning off and trying to start again after a minute or so it was ok. Yesterday with ignition on a low volume buzzing sound was coming from the air flow meter.

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Can you get me the malfunction code that was read the first time .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have you got the extra info
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Danny ..

No all i need is the codes that where first read not the codes now as you have had the MAF disconnected this will give us a probable unneeded code.

Or clear all codes and do a good test drive then recheck for codes .

Rgds Greg