Mike
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

We have recently returned 2 L200 Barbarians to the lease company

Customer Question

We have recently returned 2 L200 Barbarians to the lease company at end of lease. Both vehicles were showing slight damage to the tailgate which appears to have been caused by the tailgate 'resting' on the step area of the rear bumper when lowered for loading/unloading. The lease company want to caharge us for this damage which was in fact only 2.5 cm (1 inch approx) in size. vehicles have now been sold on at auction thus not giving us the opportunity to get damage independantly assessed. Comments please
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to wait a while longer, finding a helpful answer is paramount if I am to refuse to pay this invoice for damage. Thank you

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - I have been asked to help you with this...

Im sorry to read of your situation - the problem is as you say, you have not been given the opportunity to see / check or do anything about the so called damage.

I can only really advise that you take legal advice on this - justanswer has a legal section you can ask on or , you can use a local source - but I feel you need the help in that regard to see what your options are.

You will very likely have to come to a compromise if you deal with them on your own - again, as you say, the vehicles are not here anymore. and that doesn't help them - as well as you. So I would advise as above , offer them a compromise if you feel happy with that - or if you were to leave it, ignore it as it were, see how far they go... and then get the legal advice then , if it should even come to that..
Im sorry its not an easy / straight forward situation - that is as above, the best way forward on this one -

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime - Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.