mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hello, shogun has a vibration from mid/rear of the car when

Customer Question

Hello, shogun has a vibration from mid/rear of the car when travelling over 30mph, only happens when the car has the revs on, I have taken off the centre prop shaft and there is a lot of play in the shaft that comes out of the gearbox, is this also normal, thanks
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The play from the output shaft coming out of the gearbox indicates that the output shaft bearing inside of the gear box is failing and is going to need to be replaced, this will require removing and opening the gearbox.