Mike
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Change digital display on Mitsubishi cabstar

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you .

|Can you please explain your situation more fully - ?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

battery taken of when put back on display showed kmh not mph how do i change to mph cheers.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again..

Thank you for your reply - info.

I understand now thank you.

What has happened here is that the dash cluster computer has become corrupted - reverted to Japanese settings ( Kmh ) - Often this doesn't happen on just a battery change but obviously it can do.

Im afraid you cannot set it back manually, it has to be done with plug in diagnostic equipment..

They will charge for this, Im not sure quite how much as it varies per area... but while Im here, I'll just mention another option for you - that is to convert the clock face..

The added benefit of doing this is that there are no worries next time a battery change is done - so if its of interest , click the link HERE to take a look - Its a very easy job.

Other than that for future ref - if you have it changed electronically, before changing a battery , its best to get / use a "memory saver" - which you can get from most car shops - they plug in the cig lighter or wire to the bat cables to keep all the memories / stop any corruption from any surge such as is often the case with a battery change etc... I mention that as a future "just in case / tip" for you .. but for now the options are as above on this one.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Mike sorry car is a spacestar 1.6petrol its the readings on the display on dash where temp & clock is that i need to change from kmh 2 mph regardS ken.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Ken -

Thank you for you reply.

In that case- with that, you will need to have that done with plug in equipment as I mentioned for the other Ken - thats the only way on that then Im sorry... But that will sort it for you ...

Very best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cheers mike i thought that would be the case. ken.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
You are very welcome...

If there is ever anything else, you know where I am.

Thank you for using us -

All the very best to you Ken -- MIKE.

( Please take a moment to fill in the Feedback tab - Thank you )