mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2006 shogun sport and sometimes when i start it ,

I have a 2006 shogun sport and sometimes when i start it , usually first thing in morning but not always i get a really bad rattle .If i turn off engine straight away and then start it again it usually goes , but if i dont turn off and just drive it appears to dissapear after about 3 miutes . Ive checked the oil obviously and thats fine but apart from this problem the car runs and sounds sweet.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is one or more of the lifters are not priming up correctly. This is likely due to weak lifters however what you can try first is to have the engine flushed.