Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Shogun pinnin 2002 1.8 petrol. I have smoke coming from front,

Customer Question

Shogun pinnin 2002 1.8 petrol. I have smoke coming from front, seems to be coming from radiater but water resovoir has pipe coming off it which is goin to nothing that is in the same area
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

From i recall on the radiator you will have a small diameter overflow pipe - that usually starts from just under the metal cap/plastic neck on the radiator and then leads to the plastic overflow expansion tank cap - there is another pipe slightly larger diameter and made of thinner rubber material - that comes from the plastic cap but doesnt connect to anything - if smoke/or steam is seen coming from the radiator itself then its likely you have small coolant leak coming from that..and that would be something to check for aswell as any other leaks within that area/ie: hoses to and from the radiator aswell at to the engine itself - usually the remedy for that if the radiator is leaking would be replacement radiator..I do hope this helps

..If you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate