Mike
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

The code 1351 came up on diagnostic on my mitsubishi carisma

Customer Question

The code 1351 came up on diagnostic on my mitsubishi carisma 1.8 GDI. What does this mean?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome...

Mike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Mike :

The fault code you have relates to > P1351 IDM Input Circuit Malfunction/ Ignition Coil Control Circuit High Voltage

Mike :

Thats the strict definition of the code- you need to check the integrity of the wiring and connections on the circuits there - to inc checking the integrity of the earth / ground connections inc the main earth from the battery ...

Mike :

Other than any faults there - if all is well, then the usual fault according to that fault code , is an internal fault with the module itself. There are companies that advertise on the net / google etc that offer a repair / recon service for these - you would need to check that further...

Mike :

So that is the way forward for you on this one ..

Mike :

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me for my time etc - as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.