Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

60 reg barbarian 9000 miles on clock from new auto. sticks

Customer Question

60 reg barbarian 9000 miles on clock from new auto. sticks in gear after about 40 miles of towing a caravan no help from local dealer ????????
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Do you mean it stay in 3rd gear and will not move up or down the gears .

If you switch off the engine then back on will the gears start to work again .

Any warning lights on when this happens .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi

it is still say in gear even if you stop off have a break for 30 mins then set off again gets up to 35/40 mph and sticks in gear

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

This is a typical turbine output speed sensor .

I would think you would have a P0720 code ,

Try another dealership i don't think the one you went to have any idea what they are doing .

If still having issue then please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience: All Japan made models
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU GREG

your advice very helpful bin in contact with other dealership and to replace said senser is £95 per hour .or can purchase said part and fit myself .thanx again

regards steve

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Steve .

Have them check for codes first and if you have any codes work from there .

Test sensor and wiring harness first before replacing.

Rgds Greg