Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

My mitsubishi l200 2002 temperature guage goes up considerably

My mitsubishi l200 2002 temperature guage goes up considerably when i am at 60mph or over and going up a hill. If i push it to 80mph it goes into red. When i decrease the speed it goes back down to the middle. What can this be?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

The harder the engine is pushed the more cooling the system needs, so if the radiator is slightly blocked the flow is restricted and the engine will get hot, so i suggest you have the radiator professionally checked ,which means the plastic top removed and pipe cleaned ,a chemical flush will not work .i honestly think this could be your problem or you have a thermostat not fully opening .

Please check this then get back to me for further assistance if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg