mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

It seems the oil pump is leaking into the alternator of my

Customer Question

It seems the oil pump is leaking into the alternator of my mk1 pajero. Had the alternator and pump rebuilt about 6 months ago for the third time. Wondering if their is a torque value for the bolts that hold the oil pump to the alternator, if too tight the seal between the oilpump and alternator may be squished from being too tight.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Are you sure the seal in the pump is the problem and not the oil hose next to it this is a breaded wire hose that is a known typical issue for leaking oil into the alternator .

Please clean the area and recheck then please get back to me.

Rgds Greg