Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My partner has recently bought a 2007 L200. The previous owner

My partner has recently bought a 2007 L200. The previous owner stated that the indicators, full beam and wipers had stopped working since a valet a few days previous. We have replaced the indicator stalks, the etacs unit, the fuse board, all fuses etc. we have had auto electricians working on it for hours and hours! Nothing can be found and now the hazards don't work. Can you advise as to what the problem could be please?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not had an answer and therefore still require urgent assistance/answer

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long am I to wait for an answer as I have already been debited the funds for my answer!

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im sorry to see you have had a wait..

Can you tell me exactly where you are up to now - currently - then we can progress....

Please inc full info on what tests etc you have carried out and the results thereof -

Please also give me its Full reg number -

Rgds, MIKE.....................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What more information do you need? We've had a diagnostics test done at a local garage (non mitsubishi) which showed no faults. All relevant wiring and earths have been checked with no problems. We have also replaced the battery and solved the hazards not working problem. That specific problem was a blown fuse. However, still the indicators/wipers/electric windows/high beam/windscreen washers, work now and again, with no warning as to when it'll work and not. Basically, everything the etacs unit controls is temperamental!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi.... Can I either have a reply or refund please as it has been over 2 weeks since contact and I paid for an unguents reply!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I expect a full refund for this as I have not received any form of answer from you. Failing response or a refund, within 7 days, I will be contacting the financial ombudsman service to take this further. If you are unable to provide the answer then I suggest you rename the site as 'just answer- when we can be bothered'. I am not happy that I have paid for a service and am yet to get a response.... 1 MONTH LATER!!!! Please respond to this message ASAP.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No response AT ALL within 1 month!!!! Unacceptable!
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

I'm not exactly sur what happened with your last expert.

I can assure you that you won't wait over 24 hours for a response from me at anytime.

At this point with all the devices effected and there intermittent use your not looking at an issue related to power or grounding. The intermittent use is more then likely connected to either a poor connection at the ETACS unit or a damaged driver in the unit itself causing intermittent operation.

On this year model you should be able to simply replace the ETACS unit itself and avoid key registration issues. The key registration should be tied to the immobiliser and PCM confirmation only. The FOB on the other hand (if applicable) would need to be reprogrammed for central locking operation.

In all reality though at this point, with so many different circuits effected and their intermittent actions, i cannot see anything other than the ETACs unit being at fault here unless you have serious damage or corrosion to a main harness, which is unlikely because it would genreally cause fuses to blow in the process.

Please let me know how else I can help.

Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The etacs unit has been completely replace, along with the fuse board being replaced too. Any other ideas please? We're tearing our hair out.... Oh and thank you for such a quick reply! Tina
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Tina, I know you said they work "intermittently" or "random".

Do they work most the time? Or not work most the time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not work most of the time!
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know if the vehicle was wrecked when the previous owner had it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He called on the morning that we were due to view it saying that he just took it round the block and the lights, indicators etc aren't working and he wanted to call us before we left incase we didn't want to go and waste our time. We took along a mechanic friend who said worse case scenario it was a the etacs to be replaced! He is just as stumped and he is a good mechanic! The guy we bought it from mentioned he had the truck valeted a couple of days previous and that it worked no problems before that! As for if it was written off... No. No knowledge or indication of any problems
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

That's certainly a concern, because unless there was rodent damage, then you will need to check for relay initiation from the front module since you already replaced the stalk which was the most likely issue in the first place.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So we need to look at relay instillation from the front module?
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Does your L200 have the FCM (front control module) connected to the power distribution block at the drivers fender?

The FCM should be connected to whats known as the IPDM on the drivers side fender. This fuse panel incorporates a CPU and built in relays for the lamps and wiper functions. The dodge dakota, mitsubishi raider, and I assume L200 all interchange in this aspect, but I just want to be sure as the L200 is not a US variant.