mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I called recently regarding my mitsubishi pinin where I changed

Customer Question

I called recently regarding my mitsubishi pinin where I changed the battery and then the idle was very poor and stalls. You help before and I have just forgot your reply. Can you please help. Mac
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi Mac .

What problem are you now having .idle issue as before .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes the idle is very poor and keeps stalling mac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is like it was when you helped, but I have just cant find your reply on my PC. Mac

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mac.

I can't remember what we did but most like problem you have could be a dirty throttle body , remove the air inlet from the throttle body and check the throttle plate for gunk if is dirty use carb cleaner and clean the throttle body , to do a good job best is to remove the throttle body and clean , the Idle control Valve should be removed and cleaned .

Check this first Mac then get back to me.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Greg. I have looked through my PC and found a reply from Dave Nova 17 February 2014. Having just passed. The MOT with no problems he said to just turn the ignition on but don't start for 80 seconds and this reloads the idle info to the car. I did this and it worked. Do you think I should try this again? Mac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Greg. Did you get my reply? Mac
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mac,

Try it and if this does not work thern check the throttle body as i said .

If gunked up have it cleaned then get back to me .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Greg. I have tried all the suggestions but still I am in trouble. I have asked the AA to call and I am expecting them within the next 2 hours. Sorry for all the trouble for you and I will let you know the outcome. Thanks Mac
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hio Mac if the AA come round have them do a diagnostic scan for malfunction codes .

From the codes you will know what the problem may be .

Let me know .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The AA checked the car but not scanned. The problem was fixed after he called his support team and suggested the fix. He started the car and turned on all the items in the car, AC, heated windows all the lights,heater and up and down electric windows. This apparently makes the battery fully used and in the process the ECU (which controls idle) was reset. I have used the car 6 times since stopping and starting and all appears well. Now that this is fixed do I still owe you your fee? Mac

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mac .

This is all on you my friend, the deposit is yours and can be used at a later date for any issue you may have, or you may ask for a refund .

Thank you for using justanswer and hope you use us again .

Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank. You for your efforts and your understanding. If you can please accept £10.00 and refund the remaining £10.00. Again thank you for your attention. Mac
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Thank you mac i will sort this out for you ;-)

Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Has this been sorted? Mac

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mac .

I sent in a request for a refund for you, so yes i think you should receive you money pretty soon .

Thanks again Mac have a great week .

Greg