Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi, Mitsubishi air tech turbo While Im driving along and

Hi, Mitsubishi air tech turbo
While I'm driving along and I push accelerator pedal down, sometimes the power cuts out and the car slows then it will suddenly 'kickin' and jump forward as the power resumes. It's gradually getting worse. To me 'an idiot'' feels like blockage in fuel pipe or something wrong with the bit that skirts the fuel into the engine.

Please help what's going on? Thanks alan
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, thanks for the question.

Theres a couple possibilities here. Do you get any warning lights when this happens or not.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No warning lights come on. Yesterday it broke down and it's the fuel pump and they want lots of money to fix it.

This is their quote.: fuel pump assy MR 990432 Sing$994,fuel pump 1760A030 sing$552

Trying to find second hand pump but I can't find one online. Please advise on above quote. Thanks alan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
It's highly likely it's just the suction valve also known as pressure valve on the pump. It works like a throttle to control volume.

I mean unless it won't remain in running at all now then it could certainly be the pump itself.
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

OHH and to answer the rest of your questions.

Why are they replacing both pumps???? I seriously doubt both pumps failed that's rediculous.

MR990432 - $479 USD

1760A03A - $290 USD

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi jake, they replaced the fuel pump but same problem still going on. So if not the pump then what ?
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
Which pump did they replace?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This one 1760A030
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
?
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
That's the electric pump in the tank, of course that a isnt the problem. The only reason the low pressure pump would be at fault is if you couldn't get any fuel to prime and flow.

Lie I said originally the fault was likely with the valve on the high pressure pump all along.