Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I own a mitsubishi 1996 pajero 2.8 intercooler turbo diesel.

Customer Question

I own a mitsubishi 1996 pajero 2.8 intercooler turbo diesel. I am working offshore at the moment and need a new altenator (according to the rac mechanic who came to help me when I couldn't start it) I have been on a website that deals in altenators and would like to order one so that it arrives this saturday, so I can fit it. (I get home on friday). The problem is, that I didn't take a look at the altenator before I had to go to work and wondered if you could tell me which model to buy for this car.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hey there, all the pajero 2.8L alternators are the same from 94-98. They all have the same split pulley design. So there is only one option to buy for this specific pajero, just let the supplier know it's the 2.8L pajero.