Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

doors keep locking as if they were on automatic situation is

doors keep locking as if they were on automatic situation is worse in warmer temp
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

The doors will automatically lock when all doors a closed.

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system fitted in your car or just the original mitsubishi system.

Which model and year do you have .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have received messages but there seems to be a problem in it not downloading to the web page. was power cut to north of scotland and it was out for 3 hrs could you please try and reply again

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Which model and year do you have .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg, my mitsubushi is on a 2000 plate it is the sport model GLS TD 2477 cc. The central locking system locks and unlocks itself and seems to be worse in hot weather. It could be a short in the wiring but how do I go about tackling this problem. If you keep key in driver door when opening it is a little better. I have disconnected the central locking but still need some help on this please. There is no aftermarket alarm on the car it is the original mitsubishi system. I had problems replying to you because of internet problems in this area. Hope you can help.

Cairena Campbell

Isle of Skye

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cairena .

You need to have the drivers door locking actuator checked as this is normally the culprit that makes the doors lock and unlock on there own .

It could also be one of the other door actuators but the drivers side should be checked first as this is the most comone actuator to fail .

Sooner or later the actuator will make the doors lock and unlock uncontrolable .

You could first disconnect the drivers door locking actuator first and see if it still does it .
Need further assistance then please get back to me.

Rgds Greg.
Greg, All import japan models
Experience: All Japan made models