Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hi and please can You help.? I have a Mitsubishi Canter 3c13

Hi and please can You help.? I have a Mitsubishi Canter 3c13 with a 4m42 engine,the yellow management light comes on when it warms up?? I took it into a Mercedes Dealer with software and a Co2 code came up.They want to change the injection pump which I'm told will take 7 hours?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
How doe the vehicle drive? This defiNately does not sound like a pump issue.

Was it just an oxygen sensor code? For a lambda sensor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The vehicle engine management light comes on maybe as it warms up from cold.will Not exceed 2000rpm and reeks out blue smoke.it is not a common rail engine and not sure if it even has any sensors??
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.
It's a direct injection but still has sensors.

I was confused with the c02 you mentioned. That's not a valid code or anything.

If it does not happen until its warm then it very well could be sensor related.

If you had a valid code I could help more but with the recent symptoms you mentioned they are consistant with high pressure pump issues.

Is that the only code they gave? Did they test the pump? Or just assume based of the code?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No Jake they didn't test the pump,that would mean removing it would it not??that was the only code they gave,is there special tools involved in changing a pump??
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Yes it would.

Now changing these pumps is no simple task lik your average electric pump.

There are mechanically driven and are keyed or indexed to be timed to the engine.

So certainly best left to a professional if you have never done one.