Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

my Mitsubishi failed an mot one of the fails was the front

my Mitsubishi failed an mot one of the fails was the front window wipers/washers the wipers work fine but don't emit any washer fluid, I have checked the fuses under the bonnet also the ones in the drivers foot well and they are ok anything you can advise to do about this ian.
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I only have until 5pm today to resubmit my car for the MOT retest I urgently request an answer to my problem ian
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hey there, sorry your having problems. If the fuses are all fine then you likely just have a faulty washer pump motor. This pump is located on the bottom exterior of washer resevoir.

Since the column switch provides the ground the best way to test the pump is just remove it and apply power and ground to the pump terminals. When the pump does not activate then you know its a pump failure.

If you have further questions just let me know please. thanks.