Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

hi i have a Mitsubishi shogun 2.8 turbo diesel lwb when i drive

Customer Question

hi i have a Mitsubishi shogun 2.8 turbo diesel lwb when i drive the car after about 10 minutes the two front green four wheel drive lights on the dash flash on and off and there's a whining noise sounds like its coming from the front not sure but when you stop the car there's a jolt as if something popping back in and it drives ok for a little while then it happens again
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi sorry to get to you so late ,i have just been informed you are still waiting .

If the two top green wheel light are flashing then this is a possible problem with your front wheel drive detection switch ,what is mosrt likely happening is the vacuum switch under the air filter box has a problem or the vacuum hoses are damaged or come off .

A few things can happen here when you select 4WD, a signal is sent to the two vacuum switches under the filter box and gives vacuum to the
front axle selector to put you into 4WD, if this does not fully engage the two green light will start to flash .letting you know that the selector rod has not fully engaged .Loss of vacuum or too little vacuum will cause this .

So first check the vacuum lines ,if all vacuum lines are okay check the vacuum solenoids and replace if need ,these are the most common issue for this type of failure if the vehicle has never been worked on that may cause the vacuum lines to become unhooked.

Check the vacuum and solenoid switches first then please get back to me if needed.

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg tried what you said still no joy still doing the same hope you can still help many thanks

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
If you put the 4WD into 4WD does the lights go solid or still flash..
Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I put into 4wd only the two front lights come on and still flash

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Remove the front switch and test ,with the switch removed and still connected press in and out the rod and the the light should go solid and off.
If it does not then replace the switch, if it does then the actuator is not engaging fully and will have to be checked .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg could you tell where the switch is I've had alook can't find it many thanks

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here