Greg
Greg, All import japan models
Experience:  All Japan made models
29331485

I have a Mitsubishi colt czt 2005, the yellow management light

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi colt czt 2005, the yellow management light keeps coming on intermittently. There is no loss off power or traction. The engine runs smooth. Any ideas what it could be?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

"CHEAK ENGINE LIGHT"

When driving your car and suddenly you notice that the check engine light is "ON", then this means the management system (ECM) has encountered a malfunction within the emission system .

If the check engine light comes on and off intermittently then you have a intermittent malfunction which will also store a code.

In some cases you will not notice any difference in the driving quality.
Or you may notice the engine power has dropped or its starting to misfire ...

If the light is flashing then this will be a misfire code and i would suggest you get this checked and repaired asap, as a misfiring engine will cause catalytic converter damage.

Now if you don't notice any difference in the driving quality, then you are okay to keep on driving until you have time to get to a shop.

Ones at the shop they will hook up a diagnostic scan tool(OBDII) to check for malfunction codes .

Once you have the codes then you will know what has malfunctioned and what has to be done to rectify this problem..

Check engine light "ON" means you could have any of 100reds of problems..

For example the MAP sensor is 1 of many that will trip off the check engine light.

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg