Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

no power to l200 fuel pump, wire from battery, engine starts

Customer Question

no power to l200 fuel pump, run wire from battery, engine starts & runs, any ideas

Still waiting answer

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hey there, sorry for any delay.

Are you still needing assistance with this? let me know please. thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Still haven't had an answer to the question

Please come up with something or refund my money

Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.

My name is peter and I will try to assist you.

What diagnosis have you done so far? You say there is no feed to the fuel pump, how have you found this out? Have you checked the pulse is there from the hall sensors? Obvious question I know but have you checked the fuse board for blown fuses and defective relays.

Best regards
Peer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

checked all fuses, OK, engine starts when I run a live to the pump, doesn't when I remove it.

I would suggest finding the crank sensor, it should be bolted to the engine side of the gearbox bell housing. Disconnect it put a multimeter across the 2 terminals and set it to read resistance, crank the engine and watch to we if the display reading changes. If it does then the crank sensor is ok, if it doesn't then the crank sensor is defective, this could well be the fuel pump issue as the pump won't run if it thinks the engine has stopped.

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards
Peter
How are you getting along with this?

Best Regards
Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Peter

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try tomorrow

Regards Simon