mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Mitsubishi spacewagon accelerates and decelerates slightly

Mitsubishi spacewagon accelerates and decelerates slightly on its own while at 30 mph after driving for about 15-20 minutes.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

What year is the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2001

I have inspected this issue before on these vehicles and the issue is with the intake manifold, after the pressure builds the manifold begins to leak and results in your issue. The next step is to have the intake manifold and gasket smoke tested.