mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi,i have a l200 2005 and the aircon fan stays on when the

hi,i have a l200 2005 and the aircon fan stays on when the engine is running even if the aircon is switched off.is there any common problems with this fault that you might know about?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing this is an issue with the fan motor itself, the motor is internally shorting and keeping the motor from kicking on and off with the a/c. To correct this issue the fan motor has to be replaced, this is a fairly common issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi,thanks for the reply but on our l200 the fan will switch off and stay off when you turn the engine off.when you start it back up the fan will stay off until you put the aircon back on then you cant switch it off until you turn the engine off again,also have noticed the green light in the aircon button stays semi lit.

Yes that's the same issue with the fan motor this is where the dim light is coming from , the fan motor is the problem in this issue and needs to be replaced. Thank you.