Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

hi i have a mitshubishi shogun pinin 2001, i have been driving

Customer Question

hi i have a mitshubishi shogun pinin 2001, i have been driving this for last 3 years it was perfect. i have been driving this in four wheel option without knowing, since i put the option in 2w i get noise after driving for some time and it comes and goes and the light on the dash board of four wheel does not goes off its just keep on blinking, i went to the local mechanic and they said its a electric fault can you help me how can i fix it?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not have my answer yet although you have charge me already
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
They have not ansew my question yet
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

I apologize for the delay.

The front wheel engagement vacuum controlled, and when you have the front wheel lights flashing it is indicating that the front wheels are partially engaged.

This is almost always caused by a faulty freewheel clutch solenoid pack. This is a very common failure point on these trucks.

You will want to go over all of your vacuum lines carefully looking for any tears or disconnected hoses that could also cause this condition. This includes taking the lower skid plates off and checking both hoses on the actuator diaphragm mounted on the axle case.

If all looks well, you will be interested in replacing your free wheel clutch solenoid. This part is located on the passenger side frame rail, just below the air filter housing. It is a bracket with two solenoids mounted to it, several hoses and two electrical connectors.

The free wheel clutch solenoid packs vary in price by year, but run around $200.

Just make sure to take a photo of all the connections before removing so you can easily replace them to their correct locations.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how much does it cost to replace it any idea in uk?

Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.

You would have to use a currency convertor Online.

Generally parts are slightly higher in the UK, but labor is the same.

I would say the take the equivalent of $350USD into a currency convertor online and that should give you a high estimate.

Remember to leave a kind rating.