mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Is the transfer box on a 3000 GT the same as the transfer box

Customer Question

Is the transfer box on a 3000 GT the same as the transfer box on a GTO, I have a 1998 GT but all the spare parts places only seem to have GTOs
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to wait for a answer please unless you think it would take a long time.
The main area of doubt is the UK spec GT 3000 is a twin turbo and the GTO imports are a mixture of all sorts most of which are a lower spec, but we do not know if this includes the transfer box.

Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The transfer case on the GT and the GTO is the same transfer case as long as it comes from the years 1998-2000.