Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert

My car engine just stop at the traffic light on saturday gone,

My car engine just stop at the traffic light on saturday gone, call recovery team, towed me to gsrage after starting the car with easy start and turn the engine back off.The garage checked everything but their diagonises said turbo over boosting but took the maf sensor out the car drove without the engine switching off, but not perfect runing though, took it back to mechanic to repair it properly,they put the maf sendor bavk clear all the subsequent faults the car run for a day the following morning, the engine switching of itself pegan, returned it back to garage, the check everhthing the concluded that the fuel pump flow is weak, and now it wong even start on its own without easy start which am not comfortable with, please your help will be appreciated.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise...

It sounds like there has been a lot of guessing going on... You cannot say - rather - the garage cannot say it is a fuel problem without properly testing the system....

t needs to have a proper plug in diagnostic test done - that is the first thing to have done now.. You can get a good mobile mechanic to come to you to do that if it will not start now.

The air meter though - yes it might be faulty... but that wouldn't cut the engine out not normally anyway.... but again - the plug in fault code test - as above will check that also.

You can come back to me if you need anymore help when you have the fault codes although the man that does it for you will be able to tell you - from the machine then, what your fault is so this can be fixed -properly for you.
That will also tell you if you have a fuel / pump problem or whatever is wrong.

So that is the way forward now - you need as above to arrange to have a "fault code test " and diagnosis done - then you can get this going again.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The fault code we got initially was p0234,but i took out the maf sensor and drove the car all through last week saturday but the driving wasnt great then i returned ut to garage for proper check up and the mechanic cleared all the fault and drove the car for another day and the problen came back.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have sent you another question,the diagnoses machine is not reading any fault code now as said by my mechanic,is there any way they can check the fuel flow without taking the fuel pump out or test the fuel pump without taking it out of the tank or can this be the high pressure injector pump?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

There are other ways yes - please give me the FULL details of the car you have and I will look further for you-

Rgds, MIKE.......................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The full detail of the car is as follows:

Make:Mistubishi Grandis

Fuel:2.0 Manual Diesel Engine size.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you Mike you are a star.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there -

Thank you for your info there -

With this make / model / engine system,info is not as available as some others - and too certainly - in the aftermarket ( ie, non dealer network,) the test equipment needed to trace faults down is not so available - this is because they are a lot rarer than some other makes so garages don't invest in the equipment.

So - it does need the equipment to test as mentioned above - this car has the DH D engine / fuel management system... as such, most any local Diesel Specialist should have the equipment needed to test / trace this fault down for you - so I would suggest to look up and use such a place - it seems evident to me that the garage you are using perhaps is a little out of their depth with this one - so that is what I would suggest.

As a genera rule - guide, the info on the code you have -

P0234 - Supercharger Over boost Condition The PCM ( thats the vehicle computer ) disables (bypasses) the supercharger boost and sets a fault code to keep from damaging the systems during possible harmful operating conditions. Things that can be checked are as follows - inc fuel system -
Engine over temperature .
Ignition misfire exceeds calibrated threshold.
Knock sensor (KS) failure or knock detected .
Low speed fuel pump relay not switching.

But again - your local Diesel specialist is the best place for this to get this sorted for you now with the proper equipment.

Ensure its service items are up to date first - by that I mean - fuel filter and air filter - If not - change them first and re try it. -- then go from there as / if still needed as above.

Best Rgds, MIKE.