Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a Mitsubishi Outlander Equippe diesel 2009 61K miles.

I have a Mitsubishi Outlander Equippe diesel 2009 61K miles. During the past week, the ASC warning light and Service warning light have come on occasionally when I start the car. It doesn't happen everytime. When it does, I can restart the car and the warning lights don't reappear. What could be causing this? The car is booked into the dealership on Friday for a service but I want to prepare myself in case there may be a hefty bill.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, thanks for the question.

There is really 2 common issues with this year model and the ASC system.

The first being the wheel speed sensors failing, this can in return throw a P1773 code which will trigger the service warning light as well. This fault is the MOST common and will run around $300 for the repair.

The other fault being an internal driver failure with the ABS/ASC unit which is much more rare. When this happens though it is a very expensive repair because the pump will have to be replaced and the g sensor calibrated, as well as the steering angle zeroed.