mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

after running for about two hours, the engine suddenly looses

Customer Question

after running for about two hours, the engine suddenly looses power and is very sluggish, if I stop and turn the motor off. when I start it again it runs perfectly for another period ot time..Its been into a Mitsubishi dealer and despite tests couldn't find any fault but changed a power valve. it still continues to develop this fault
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The issue that you are describing is consistent with one of the fuel injectors starting to fail and causing the issue. The injectors need to be tested using a power balance test which will show which one is causing the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for4 your advice. I will go back to the dealer and talk to them

No Problem, thank you. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further assistance.